J.D., University of Illinois – 2003
Northwestern University School of Law, 2002-2003
B.A., Miami University – 1997
Ms. Cutler has been advising businesses on general corporate matters, commercial transactions, consulting services and a wide variety of technology agreements for over 15 years. To support clients in their commercial relationships, Ms. Cutler drafts, reviews and negotiates a host of agreements, including intellectual property licenses and assignments, consulting services agreements, technology development agreements, co-marketing agreements, both inbound and outbound supply terms, distributor and agency agreements, transportation services agreements and confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements. Ms. Cutler also brings a wealth of in-house corporate compliance and governance experience including the design and development of compliance training materials (brand usage, intellectual property protection, contract management and escalation guidelines), template creation, drafting of various corporate policies and procedures, website terms and conditions and a variety of corporate governance documents.
Prior to joining Mandell Menkes, Ms. Cutler served as Senior Legal Counsel for the digital mapping division of Nokia and as counsel for a variety of manufacturing businesses within Rio Tinto Alcan, Inc. Prior to law school, Ms. Cutler served in consulting roles for a Chicago-based telecommunications industry technology startup and in the retail supply chain consulting group of PriceWaterhouse Coopers LLP.
Career highlights include:
- Negotiating a multi-stage $400 million first of its kind platform services and data licensing deal between the leading provider of location services data and a leading tablet producer.
- Leading all legal aspects of global re-branding for Nokia’s digital mapping business.
- Negotiating a complex first of its kind original device manufacturing agreement with a technology manufacturer in Nanjing, China.
- Managing a team of 9 attorneys handling domestic commercial service contracts for an NYSE-traded consulting firm. Role required proposing and implementing contract management policies, templates and procedures and training the executive sales team on contract terms and negotiation.
- As part of a $1.8 billion divestment, advising management of an international high-tech medical product manufacturing operation on the smooth transition of technology and software licensing.
- Negotiating a $150 million 3-year sole source supply contract with the world’s second largest chemical company.
- Leading the legal effort to standardize and leverage global purchasing power for environmental consulting services agreements for a North American mining operation.
Outside of her legal practice, Ms. Cutler is an active volunteer in the Girls on The Run program.